Established in 2003, El Halev is a non-profit organization that effect social change through empowering women of all ages and reducing violence against women, teens, children, seniors and people with special needs by means of training in the martial arts and self-defense.
As an organization created by and for women, we strive to provide a supportive and healthy environment in which women are able to grow physically, spiritually, mentally and socially. El Halev enables women of all ages, from all walks of life and from the entire political, religious and social spectrum, to train together with the goal of expanding the positive influence of martial arts and self-defense on our lives and on the society in which we live.
To affect fundamental changes that will transform Israel into a society in which:
- Every woman and teenage girl has the skills she needs to stand up for what she values and who she is.
- The level of violence directed towards women in all sectors of Israeli society is significantly reduced.
- Women feel safe, are connected to their natural resources of strength and are equipped with the tools they need to cope with the many different challenges they face as women in a mixed, multicultural society.
- Men see violence against women, not as a women’s problem, but as a human problem and take an active part in its solution.
- Children, older adults and people with special needs feel confident and worthy of defending, and are equipped with appropriate abilities to recognize threatening situations and secure their personal boundaries.
- The “glass ceiling” that prevents girls and women from advancing in the field of martial arts is broken.
- Both men and women regard the martial arts and self-defense disciplines as appropriate disciplines for women.