|Hatmara Scholarship Fund|
El Halev considers it among its highest priorities to enable every woman, from girlhood onward, who is interested in studying the martial arts or acquiring self-defense skills to have that opportunity. We see this as an essential part of empowering women and enabling them to contribute to making Israel a society that exemplifies equality of opportunity.
1. The HaTmara Scholarship Fund provides: Award of scholarships to individuals and groups interested in participating in the ongoing activities of El Halev, yet have difficulty with payment. The scholarships enable them to participate in self-defense workshops and our various martial arts courses, enabling them to benefit from the essential skills and values that are taught.
2. Award of scholarships to sportswomen who have chosen to specialize and excel in the martial arts. The scholarships enable them to finance advanced level examinations and to participate in competitions, in-service training and special training sessions in Israel and overseas.
3. Assistance in financing courses necessary for professional advancement in the Martial Arts, i.e. certification courses for Martial Arts instructors, coaches and referees in Israel and abroad.
4. Support for Martial Arts clubs in establishing training camps in Israel and abroad, e.g. participating in meeting expenses for instructional staff and organization of the camp
5. Sponsorship of gifted athletes at various stages of training and ages, i.e. children, youth and adult, who may receive assistance with:
a. Acquisition of specialized personal training equipment
b. Advice and treatment in the fields of medicine, diet and sports psychology in cooperation with Mercaz EDNA for the Body & Mind.
c. Participation in regional, national and international competitions
d. Taking part in required sports stress tests at certified testing centers
6. Financial support for martial arts and self-defense-oriented activities conducted in distressed areas, for financially distressed families or for organizations that serve these populations.
Funding recipients are strongly urged to show their appreciation for receiving assistance by “paying it forward”, i.e. by volunteering to participate in El HaLev’s many and varied projects conducted for the benefit of the community and for Israeli society in general.
Press here to download scholarship request form for El Halev activities.
Press here to download scholarship request form for professional training in martial arts and self-defense.